Saturday 17 October 2009

Look Ma!! I'm Famous!!

I recently watched Wanted. If you don’t know what that is it’s a movie starring James McAvoy, Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman about a frustrated office worker (McAvoy) who finds out he is the quick-reflexed son of a professional assassin who gets recruited by the boss (Freeman) of his dad’s former organisation, The Fraternity (which includes Jolie), and gets trained up as a professional assassin. Cue all kinds of shenanigans. I kinda like the movie, if not just for the car chase at the start of the movie, but as 2 hours of my life I’m happy to waste …. unlike when I watched Shrooms which, to be perfectly honest, was just shit!! Anyway I digress. The movie starts with Wesley Gibson (McAvoy) typing his name into Google and finding no results for it cementing his self view that he is, in fact, a complete nobody. I believe the technical term is “vanity searching”.

Well I got kinda curious and tried it with mine and came up with 4,700 results. I never realised I was so prevalent on the internet. ;) There were many entries on social networking websites the world over (not all me!), a few images that appear on my Myspace account, I even found my Twitter account – seems I rank kinda highly on Google searches (page 1 is good right???) so thanks to all my fans. I couldn’t have done it without you. :p

But the best result I found was a link to this entry on the Urban Dictionary website (http://www.urbandictionary.com/) which read “The most admirable, alluring, angelic, appealing, amazing, beautiful person there is. This girl is a seriously one person you want to meat if you haven't already, and if you have you know what I mean. She light's up my day whenever I talk to her. She makes you smile, laugh, trust and a lot more. Nothing could ever replace what we have and nothing could ever replace this girl. I could seriously hold this girl for hours and really be okay. She makes me think about what importance there is in life. I would rather spend five minutes with her and never see my friends again, than never see her and see my friends forever. She means that much. She is worth everything. I never want to lose her.”

Now, I like that, I just wish it was what someone thought about me, unless someone tall, dark and dreamy with talents DOES actually think about me like that. Suffice it to say I’m going to claim it as my own for the purposes of me feeling better about myself. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment