Saturday 31 October 2009

And The Circle Continues

It’s kinda funny. I’ve been looking forward to getting my hands on the new Bon Jovi album. Of listening to those songs and relishing them, of reading the liner from cover to cover and marvelling (read: perving) at the hot totty contained within. However now I have it, I seem to be avoiding listening to it. I don’t know why, but bizarrely I feel apprehensive about it. My excitement has been replaced with nervousness about what the rest of the album is like. There’s no good reason to be apprehensive. The songs I have heard (We Weren’t Born To Follow and When We Were Beautiful – the latter of which I absolutely adore) are pretty damn good, and the reviews garnered from the leaked version of the album have all been positive – back to the Jovi we know, love and missed during the last album, so why can’t I flick that play button??

I don’t remember having this trouble with the other albums. I remember getting them home or in the mail, ripping off the cellophane cover (and swearing when I couldn’t find that annoying plastic tape tab, ripping it to my computer and MP3 player, and playing it through from start to finish several times over and reading the lyrics and liner notes and loving it.

I wonder if this time I’m just tired. The other albums have all arrived (for the most part anyway) when I’ve had very little playing on my mind …. but seemingly not this time. As odd as that sounds, despite the fact I’ve had this last week off from work I’ve barely relaxed. Between helping out Suze from a distance with my job and stressing about getting concert tickets and researching and making arrangements for them I’ve never really switched off. I’m also back at work on Monday which means my stress level is ratcheting up again already. I think I want to stop the world and climb off for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment