Monday 19 October 2009

Best Laid Plans

The story of my life. I had planned to go to the Big Apple for my big 3-0 next year, but it seems that plan is this *makes really small gesture with fingers* close to being in jeopardy. I’m jumping the gun. I know I’m jumping the gun as nothing is for sure yet but I like stuff organised, especially something like this. Guess I’m a little OCD in that respect.

As some of you know, the plan was two weeks in NY next April. All was going well …. too well maybe – accommodation was booked, leave days organised and non-refundable flights a weather eye kept on …. then it happened. Not exactly what I expected to happen but it did nonetheless. I was expecting boss’ to be awkward about time off work, or the apartment to burn down, but no, it was something completely out of left field.

That isn’t as cryptic as it sounds. I’m not going into details but it means there is a risk of a potential inability to fly. My solution was a simple one. Surprisingly it wasn't popular though …. wonder why??? ;) OK maybe that is cryptic ....

So now we’re a little in limbo. I still want to go. I will actually only turn 30 once despite inevitably trying to do so repeatedly as time goes on. I have a plan B …. she's said no at the moment, but I’m sure I can wear her down with promises of shoes and Jovi if needs be ….

Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL still saying no chick...still job-less at the moment and completely broke...but hey if things change you'll be the first one to know.

    Tell Kerry I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her,hopefully everything will be fine and you two will go to NY and I'll be green with jealousy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, crap .... and I thought shoes and Jovi would cinch it .... :p

    ReplyDelete