Tuesday 10 April 2007

Yeah, Right ...... !!

Yep. My job's a piece of piss – that's why they had such a hard time doing it. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Joss one bit, after all she was dropped into it on the Monday before I went away and being that she had a shit-load of timesheets to get onto the Accounts system at work too, she only had about 2 hrs training. Yes, she's done it before but that was nigh on 3 years ago and it has changed a bit since then!!!

It kicked off nearly as soon as I got in after I jokingly said "can I have another week off to recover??". Apparently they all had a go at my job last week and because it was a short week, even though to all intents and purposes, or from what I can gather at least, 3 of them had a go at it, and were cursing me because I'd chosen to have a bank holiday week off – I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to. I thought my days were my days to take when I fancied and if my manager says OK, then surely it's OK?!?!?

I was informed some time back that I was to leave my desk tidy at the end of every day so if someone was to pick up my work because I was ill, or "God forbid, knocked down by a Bus" (C'mon I'm right here!!!), they'd know what they have to do. Apparently the same courtesy isn't afforded to me when I come back to my desk after my hols. So I went in this morning to find a mystery pile of sheets which weren't deposited in the clearly marked trays and folders on my desk – literally just dumped on my keyboard. Now I don't know if that's people in my office, who would know there is a system (especially as my manager devised most of the system!!!), or the lads (who I will cut a bit of slack to because a) they wouldn't know and b) they're not paid to anyway!!).

I got told that anything at a right-angle to the rest of the pile of timesheets in my 'Entered' tray was a problem, but not actually told what these problems were. I STILL don't recall being told that a crystal ball or some kind of Psychic ability was a job requirement. Nobody even bothered to finish off the week for me by doing the filling from the previous week. I had a list of phone calls that had come in while I was off that I needed to return, and was told to finish off last week before starting this week – it took me all day!!! I have effectively lost a day in another short week because they didn't plan properly. Bless my lads though they were very good and didn't take it personally when I had to rush them off the phone or out the office.

It was a complete shambles, so I've been chasing my tail today, treading water and not really getting anywhere. The timetable's proper truncated now but I honestly don't think they'll take that into account or cut me a bit of slack. We shut down the March financial period next week and I have loads of journals to get on, partly because of my week off, but mostly because I couldn't get them done in advance because they're based on information I need to get from other people, mainly timesheets for other types of labour, the Plant department and other offices. I also get this nagging feeling that they're going to want me to do a Tracker Analysis on the company vans this week as well, being that I'm entering the timesheets for the first week of April.

I'd like to think maybe they'll now appreciate how pissy my job is but give it a week and another Informal Meeting and they won't. They'd better not string me up for stuff, if anything, which went wrong last week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment