Monday 16 April 2007

WTF?!?!?!?!?

Explain something to me. I was on my jollies the other week, as you know, so figured I left my job in the capable hands of the accounts department. Allegedly my job is a piece of piss, as you also know from the blog the other day, but I just want one thing explaining to me because I don't understand the logic.

I came back to work last week which was Easter Monday week and therefore meant a 4-day working week and, as I explained, came back to sheer chaos. Well imagine my surprise on Friday when after spending a day and a half during the week clearing up everyone else's mess and then getting the bulk of my work done in 2 days (which usually takes 2 and a half to 3 days depending on how many interruptions I get!!), and leaving the rest after being told, by my manager, that she had something for me to do that I'm not familiar with because although I was in the same room for the training I wasn't actually HAVING it, which was more important than the REST of my stuff, and still had to jockey my phone calls as well as everyone else's while they were being trained *breathe* ...... meant I was getting back into those old habits that I got into bother about a couple of months ago?!?!?

It just proves, to me anyway, that they have no interest whatsoever in what my day-to-day work entails. I don't know if it's because I've been deposited in the department and not there since day 1 unlike the rest, but there's just no interest shown, save to tell me where I've cocked up. There's so much support shown for everyone else and they just leave me to get on with it, which is fine by me until I get the pointed comments.

Also can someone explain to me how a speech about accuracy addressed towards me (i.e. giving my name at the beginning of every sentence and only looking in my direction) is not just a swipe at me but a lecture to everyone in the room …… or am I missing something?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment