Monday 22 January 2007

Here's A Question For You ......

Since when was there a rule which said if someone asked you a question you couldn't take a moment to think before answering??? Especially, when you generally have a busy week anyway, and because you may have had a couple of sleeps since you did whatever you did. Yknow??

I'm just wondering because today, my boss asked me a question about where I'd got up to with a certain aspect of my work -- by this time I was already up to my ears in Timesheets and because I wanted to think before I gave a hasty answer, and was accused of telling tales when it turned out I hadn't done what I'd said I had, I stopped for a moment. To which I got a sarcastic answer regarding my memory. Sorry but when I've done something I tend to move the thought out to make room for another, especially when half my working life is spent sorting out other people's issues. Also the onus has now been put on me to remind her about stuff, because, I quote "I can't remember everything about everyone's work".

Now every time I do remind her about anything I get fobbed off with that most famous of responses -- "Leave it with me". I'm not sure the woman's heard of a notebook or to do list, which reminds me -- I need to do one of them!!! I think she's more interested in 'networking'. Is that the right word? Y'know, the one where you keep your nose pressed firmly to someones arse. *rolls eyes* On this particular occasion, it was about something she said she would chase up so I thought that maybe she would have chased up what she needed to ... chase ...... up. Well, we know what thought did. So now we're "3 weeks behind in timesheets for Company X" and it's all my fault. Is that fair?? They're good at that at our place -- passing the buck is a company bonding exercise!!

I think I need a new job -- or at least a new company to work for. She also constanty bemoans the fact that her arse gets chewed when stuff goes wrong -- well if the company worked to a more simpler formula, and you could get an answer (pot ... kettle anyone???) half the problems wouldn't occur. I honestly think things are made difficult for difficulties sake and to justify some people's salaries.

Add to that the fact I've felt really shitty the last few days, and had other stuff to think about, and no-one seemed to have noticed. I'm my own worst enemy. I keep myself to myself at work and get on with it!! Maybe I should make a big dramatic deal of my current mental and physical state and see if anyone gives a toss. My feeling would be no.

Typical isn't it. It goes well for a while and then goes tits up. Maybe I need a career change. Suggestions and solutions welcome ......

No comments:

Post a Comment